Queen says that despite the circumstances, King is doing very well.
The King has publicly addressed his cancer diagnosis for the first time, while William remains “upset” with Harry.
Charles conveyed his sincere appreciation to the country for their numerous words of encouragement and well-wishes following his announcement of undergoing treatment for an unspecified type of cancer, just a year and a half into his reign.
The monarch stated in a public announcement from Buckingham Palace on Saturday that it was equally encouraging to hear how revealing his diagnosis has aided in raising awareness about cancer.
As the strained relationship between Prince William and Prince Harry worsens, the Duke of Sussex hurriedly returned to the UK to join their father after Charles’ unexpected health disclosure on Monday.
According to reports, Harry only spent a brief time with the 75-year-old monarch on Tuesday before heading back to California the following day. He did not have any communication with his estranged brother during this time.
According to Ingrid Seward, the editor-in-chief of Majesty Magazine, it would appear to William that Harry simply took advantage of the visit for publicity purposes.
The King publicly expresses gratitude to the nation while discussing his cancer diagnosis for the first time.
The monarch has extended his sincere gratitude to the country as he has addressed his cancer diagnosis publicly for the first time since revealing it on Monday.
Charles expressed gratitude for the numerous messages of support and well wishes he received. He also mentioned that it was uplifting to hear how his disclosure of his diagnosis has contributed to raising awareness about cancer among the public.
The 75-year-old queen shared a message through Buckingham Palace to thank everyone for their support and well wishes. She expressed her sincere gratitude for the numerous messages she has received in the past few days.
Those who have experienced cancer understand that these kind thoughts provide the most comfort and support.
I am equally pleased to hear that sharing my diagnosis has raised awareness and brought attention to the efforts of organizations that assist cancer patients and their families in the UK and around the globe.
I have always greatly admired their unwavering dedication and hard work, and my appreciation has only grown stronger due to my own personal encounters.
King Charles expresses gratitude to the public for their support in his first statement since being diagnosed with cancer.
The monarch has made a public statement for the first time since revealing his cancer diagnosis. He expressed gratitude for the numerous messages of support and well-wishes.
Charles expressed that it was reassuring to hear how sharing his diagnosis has positively impacted the public’s understanding of cancer.
Charles expressed his gratitude for the kind messages and well wishes he has received from the public in recent days.
Luke O’Reilly reports:
What is the current status of the High Court claims filed by the Duke of Sussex?
The Duke of Sussex has resolved the remaining portion of his lawsuit against the publisher of the Daily Mirror as part of his ongoing legal battles with various newspaper publishers in the High Court.
In December of last year, Mr. Justice Fancourt determined that Mirror Group Newspapers (MGN) had engaged in illegal methods of gathering information for 15 articles about the duke during a trial in the High Court. As a result, Harry was granted £140,600 in compensation.
On Friday, Harry’s barrister, David Sherborne, told the court that MGN had agreed on an offer to settle the claim, with the publisher to pay “a substantial additional sum by way of damages” and Harry’s legal costs.
Please refer to the complete article at the following link:
William is angry with Harry following his trip to the UK.
According to reports, the Prince of Wales is “disturbed” by his brother’s brief 26-hour trip to the UK to visit their father after his cancer diagnosis.
Ingrid Seward, the chief editor of Majesty Magazine, informed The Sun that William would be disappointed that Harry has once again used his visit to see his father as a chance for public relations.
According to her, William has no desire to communicate with Harry at the moment.
Charles personally reached out to Harry and William, as well as his siblings Anne, the Duke of York, and the Duke of Edinburgh, to share the news with them before it was publicly announced by the Palace at 6pm on Monday.
In less than a day after the news was announced, Harry took a flight from California to travel over 5,000 miles to London on Tuesday.
He met with his father for under an hour and only 26 hours later, he departed the UK once more – reportedly without seeing his brother William.
Sarah Ferguson expressed a heartfelt message to the King regarding their shared experiences with cancer.
On Saturday, the 64-year-old shared on Instagram: “I hold His Majesty in high regard and I believe I speak for everyone when I say he is in my thoughts and prayers.”
Read more here:
In case you missed it: Harry does not reference his father as he jokes with the audience at an awards ceremony in Las Vegas.
The Duke of Sussex unexpectedly showed up at an NFL awards event in Las Vegas, shortly after flying back to the US from his trip to London to see King Charles.
During his speech on Thursday night, 39-year-old Harry did not mention his father’s cancer diagnosis. Instead, he presented the Walter Payton Man of the Year award to Cameron Heyward, a defender for the Pittsburgh Steelers.
At his first public event following Charles’ announcement of undergoing treatment for an unspecified cancer, Harry presented the award and playfully mentioned how the United States has adopted and made rugby their own.
“He suggested passing it forwards instead of backwards. Why not wear protective gear like pads and a helmet?”
During his visit with the King, Prince Harry playfully remarked that the NFL had “taken rugby from us” as he presented an award.
Sarah Ferguson’s touching message for King after both recently diagnosed with cancer
Sarah Ferguson has released a heartfelt statement for the King following their shared diagnosis of cancer.
On Instagram, the Duchess of York expressed her heartfelt sentiments for His Majesty, stating that he is in her thoughts and prayers, and likely for many others as well.
The text was accompanied by a photo of her at the Cancer Alliance Hope and Help Luncheon, her first event since being diagnosed with malignant melanoma. This was also her first time appearing in public since learning that Charles is undergoing treatment for an undisclosed form of cancer.
She expressed that it was an appropriate time to assist in raising money for those facing cancer diagnoses, potentially experiencing financial or emotional difficulties during a health crisis. Meeting numerous admirable women who dedicate themselves to helping others through their involvement with Cancer Alliance was a therapeutic and motivating experience.
Health professionals expressed gratitude towards King for bringing attention to cancer.
Healthcare workers have expressed their gratitude to the King for bringing attention to cancer, while also praising his transparency and sincerity in sharing his personal health updates after revealing his recent diagnosis.
Dr. Jay Verma, the president of the General Practitioner section at the Royal Society of Medicine, expressed gratitude to Charles for using his influential platform to raise awareness about how cancer can impact individuals from all walks of life.
He expressed his well wishes for a fast recovery and successful treatment for His Majesty’s cancer.
Our advancements in cancer treatment and survival rates have been significant. Identifying a problem early on allows for more treatment options.
Pat Price, the creator of the Catch Up With Cancer movement, also commended Charles for his candor, stating: “The fact that the King has been open about his struggle with cancer is a strong reminder that half of us may experience cancer at some time in our lifetime.”
Chiara De Biase, the head of support and advocacy at Prostate Cancer UK, called attention to a five-fold rise in individuals seeking information and assistance from the charity’s website in the week after King’s announcement about his enlarged prostate in January.
William is unhappy with Harry’s public relations maneuver.
Prince William is displeased with his brother, Prince Harry, for only making a short trip to visit their father after learning of his unexpected cancer diagnosis.
The Duke of Sussex hurried to the United Kingdom to see his father following Charles’ public statement about his health. However, according to reports, Harry only spent a short amount of time with the 75-year-old monarch before flying back to California the following day. It is said that he did not communicate with his estranged sibling during this visit.
Ingrid Seward, head editor of Majesty Magazine, stated to The Sun: “William would be unhappy that Harry has once again decided to use this visit to his father as a chance for public relations.”
Who will take on extra responsibilities while the King receives treatment?
During the King’s treatment for cancer, the Prince of Wales, the Queen, and other active members of the royal family will increase their responsibilities.
The palace of Buckingham has verified that several of the King’s upcoming public appearances will need to be rescheduled or delayed. However, it is not expected that Counsellors of State will have to be selected.
After the King’s condition was made public, the family quickly took action. On Tuesday, Princess Anne completed three different commitments on her own and continued to fulfill others throughout the rest of the week.
On Wednesday, Prince William went back to his job after taking a break to prioritize his family and his wife, the Princess of Wales, who is recuperating from abdominal surgery in recent weeks.
This week, Queen Camilla made an appearance at an official event and provided an update on the King’s well-being.